***************************************************************************************************************************************************

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Colton

LITTLE BOYS

Colton does some of the funniest things. He is just as funny as he is naughty and he can be pretty naughty. The cute little monkey keeps a smile on my face. (Most of the time)

I was going through my pictures getting them all organized and found some that I had forgotten about.


His very first Christmas

One of many fishing trips he has taken with us. He has always loved going to the mountains.

His very first fish. He caught it all by himself at the Green River. It suprised all of us. I remember haveing to grab the pole out of his hands before it launched him into the river. Haaa what a good day. Dad is very proud of this picture.


First broken leg. Hopfully his last.


First burned hand on the stove. Then he decided to suck on a red colored pencil and scare the crap out of me. I though it was blood when he came in the room.



He has always liked to help is daddy do work. He carried that little plastic sheep around with him the whole day. I guess it was helping him do is jobs.


He came out in his cowboy boots to help dad mow and edge the lawn. How cute is that.


First time trying out moms mascara. He wasn't crying because he got cought, he was crying because it got in his eye and was stinging.


First girlfriend at preschool. He had his arm around her during snack time. His teacher thought is was so cute she hurried and got her camera so she could send me a picture.




For all of you who don't know. Colton "IS" Tommy the Red Power Ranger. His school and church papers come home with Tommy written at the top of them. He even told his swim teacher his name was Tommy. I had to go tell the teacher after class what his real name was because they didn't have a Tommy registered on the roll.

The first day of his second set of swim lessons. He was so proud of his new goggles because he didn't have to were the snorkle goggles that covered his nose anymore.

Chalk drawings of some blue monkeys hanging from vines.

A white spider shooting a web

And this is my most recent and favorite picture.

Last Sunday night I was trying to get Colton in bed early because I new the next morning he had to get up and go to swim lessons early. So I got him bathed and in his PJs and in bed by 8:30. It was so nice. Well at about 9:45 I walked down the hall to the kitchen to get a drink of water and noticed from under the crack in his door I could see that the light was on. I got a little upset and was just getting ready to storm in his room and ask why he was still up playing when I heard him talking to himself. I stopped and didn't go in yet. I went and got Tyler and we both listened outside his door to what he was saying. This is what we heard.


"And they walked up the hill to Bethlehem"


Then silence


The sound of pages tuning.


Then more talking that was to low to understand.


Tyler and I both looked at each other and remembered a few weeks ago Colton had asked us if he could have his own set of scriptures. Tyler had gone down stairs and found his old black set of scriptures from when he was in middle school and gave them to Colton. Then we both kinda forgot about it.


We decided it was time to open his door. He was sitting on his bed with his set of scriptures reading to him self.

How do you get mad at that.

2 comments:

  1. All of the pictures were so cute and brought back a ton of memories.. I especially love the picture with his girlfriend.. Too cute!

    The scriptures story and picture is so fun.. Those are the times that you feel like you have actually done something right as a parent.

    I have heard you have been sick! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! He is going to be great big brother. He has so much personality.

    ReplyDelete