***************************************************************************************************************************************************

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dandelions
Today I drove to the school to pick Colton up. I got out of the car and stood on the grass in the front of the school waiting for the kids to start coming out of the kindergarten doors. I had just been standing there for a few minutes when I saw the doors open and the kids started running out to meet their parents. I spotted Colton trudging toward me with his head down looking kinda sad. He finally got to me and I asked him what was wrong and why he looked so sad. He slowly looked up at at me and he was grinning from ear to ear. He whipped out a dandelion from behind his back and said, "Here mom I got this just for you" My heart melted. I took the "flower" and gave him a big hug and kiss and told him how much I loved it. We started walking back to the car together and he looks up and says to me.
Well thats what spring is all about ya know
I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweetie! He is practicing for his role in a fairy tale. He will probably be picking all of your favorite flowers in your yard this summer for you and the neighbor girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a cutie. It's moments like that that make being a mom all worth it.

    ReplyDelete